Marketing Specialist / Office Coordinator
Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc (TteS) is a fast-growing vibrant organization committed to the development and progress of its Band Members and Community. As such, the TteS invites applications from qualified, highly motivated and dynamic individuals to fill the following position.
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Specialist / Office Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Business and Economic Development
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Business and Economic Development
TERMS: Full-Time, Permanent
REFERENCE #: 2023-094
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Business and Economic Development Department of Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc (TteS) is responsible for the development of the Tk’emlúpsu'l'ucw (lands) in a progressive and sustainable manner. We are seeking a proactive and detail-oriented individual to fill the role of Marketing Specialist / Office Coordinator. This position plays a pivotal role in facilitating office operations and supporting the corporate governance functions of the organization while also providing graphic design and marketing support.
The Marketing Specialist / Office Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing office logistics, coordinating board meetings, and ensuring compliance with corporate governance regulations. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for providing graphic design and marketing support to enhance development initiatives. This role is critical in maintaining an efficient office environment while supporting the organization's commitment to transparency, governance excellence, and marketing efforts. The person in this role is expected to operate with the highest level of confidentiality and follow all procedures, protocols, policies, and rules for TteS. The Marketing Specialist / Office Coordinator interacts with a wide variety of Band Council and Band employees as well as external stakeholders, special interest groups, other First Nation communities, and various committees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Office Coordination: (30%)
- Manage day-to-day office logistics, including reception, mail distribution, and office supplies.
- Oversee office vendors and service providers, ensuring timely delivery of services.
- Help coordinate office events, employee engagement activities, and team-building initiatives.
- Serve as the point of contact for office-related inquiries and requests.
- Maintain office equipment and liaise with vendors for repairs and maintenance.
- Oversee office security and access control.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new employees.
- Oversee booking and maintenance schedule of department vehicle.
Corporate Board Support: (30%)
- Coordinate and schedule board meetings, including preparing agendas, distributing materials, and arranging meeting logistics.
- Attend board meetings, record minutes, and maintain accurate records of discussions and decisions.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of board communications, reports, and presentations.
- Ensure compliance with corporate governance regulations and best practices.
- Maintain and update corporate records, including bylaws, articles of incorporation, and board resolutions.
Graphic Design and Marketing Support: (40%)
- Design logos and branding materials for commercial developments.
- Create and update annual reports.
- Manage updates to the company website.
- Design and distribute e-newsletters.
- Create and manage the company's LinkedIn profile.
Professional Certification, Education and Experience:
- Diploma in business administration, management, graphic design, with 2-3 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience in office coordination, corporate governance, graphic design, and marketing.
- Strong knowledge of corporate governance principles, regulations, and compliance.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, office management software, and graphic design tools.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is an asset.
HOURS OF WORK: Normal Day shifts – 7 hours. Non-normal shifts may be required.
PAY GRADE: Starting at $22.59-$24.95 depending on education & experience
Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights code, it is TteS Policy to practice preferential hiring for Aboriginal peoples. Candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Deadline for the Job posting is December 1st, 2023 by 2:00pm
Submit Job Application Form, cover letter, resume, and references
or at our Human Resources office #200 – 330 Chief Alex Thomas Way.
Office Hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm &
closed for lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
We require each applicant to fill out
an online application form which can be found at: https://tkemlups.ca/employment/
Any late submissions or submissions without the job application form will not be considered.